Ripcord in screened cables allows you to strip the outer-sheath without damaging the inner screen.…
TOP CABLE MEDIUM VOLTAGE CABLE TESTS
Índice de contenidos
Top Cable carries out numerous tests to ensure the quality of their cables Medium Voltage X-VOLT. The main test methods are defined in IEC 60502-2, UNE-EN 60881 and HD 605.
The Top Cable Medium Voltage cables are suitable for transporting energy, and are manufactured in copper and aluminium. They are ideal for industrial installations, infrastructures, distribution networks, etc.
To ensure the quality of this range of Medium Voltage cables, Top Cable carries out numerous tests. The inspections start with the of the raw materials and continue right through the production process of the cable. The type and frequency of testing is laid out in the procedures and quality controls of the company. The main test methods are defined in the UNE-EN 60881 and HD 605. For medium voltage cables the norms are the following IEC 60502-2 and HD 620.
Many of the tests are non-electrical such as the mechanical and thermal properties of polymers, the correct dimensions and fire resistance properties of the materials used. Some of the areas tested are indicated below:
– Breaking load and elongation of insulation and outer-sheath.
– Abrasion testing of the outer-sheath.
– Insulation, semi-conductor and outer-sheath thickness.
– Ageing of the covers.
– Heat stretching of the insulation and sheaths.
– Pressure on the sheath at a high temperature.
– Auto-extinguishing properties.
– Non-fire propagation properties.
– Toxic gas emissions.
– Smoke emission and density.
– Tear resistance of the outer-sheath.
– Longitudinal blocking (simple or with tape).
– Compatibility of the components.
– Corrosion testing.
The purpose of these tests is to ensure the long term reliability of the cable. The most important tests are carried out on all finished cables. Some of the areas tested are indicated below:
– Electrical resistance of the conductor (all cables).
– High voltage test (all cables).
– Measurement of partial discharges (all cables).
– Outer-sheath dielectric testing (all cables).
– Resistivity of insulation.
– Tangent Delta insulation measurement.
– Semi-conductor resistivity.
– Long term harmonized test (2 years).
– Thermal cycling test followed by partial discharges.
– Longitudinal/radial blocking of the screen and/or the conductor.
– Bending followed by partial discharges.
For more information of Top Cable Medium voltage products you can visit this link.