Electrical wiring is one of the photovoltaic installations key points. The correct cable selection will optimize the performance of the solar garden in the short, medium and long term.
DEMANDING CONDITIONS THAT A PHOTOVOLTAIC SOLAR INSTALLATION MUST SUPPORT
Índice de contenidos
The connection cable that connects the panels and the DC Low Voltage network in a photovoltaic solar installation has to withstand the most demanding conditions:
- Have a useful life of 30 years at 90 ° C. Able to withstand up to 120 ° C permanently
- Its admissible intensity must be higher, with equal section, to conventional cables.
- It must be a cable suitable for mobile service. It is common to use trackers in order to maximize solar radiation. Do not forget that in these cases the connection cables between the mobile structures and the fixed parts are subject to movement. Conventional cables are not suitable.
- More comfortable to install due to its extraordinary flexibility and reduced diameter. The recommended cable is formed by a class 5 flexible tinned copper conductor, high-quality ethylene propylene insulation and covered with ethyl vinyl acetate (EVA). Its small outer diameter makes the cable more manageable and occupies less space in the pipes.
- Finally, it is not mandatory but it is very convenient that the photovoltaic cable offers the guarantee of the TÜV certificate.
The cable TOPSOLAR PV ZZ-F / H1Z2Z2-K has been specifically designed for the connection of panels in solar farms, so it has all the features mentioned above.
As for the cables for Medium Voltage network in a photovoltaic installation. Whether the cable is XLPE (insulated with cross-linked polyethylene) or HEPR (ethylene propylene). It is very convenient that its external semiconductor layer is cold and separable. Given that its easy extraction is a critical factor when it comes to correctly prepare the tips of the cable for the splice manufacture or terminals. Also constituting a significant saving of time for the installer.
Cables with XLPE insulation are characterized by good dielectric strength, low loss factor, and high insulation resistance.
Cables insulated with HEPR rubber can withstand continuous operating temperatures up to 105 ° C. These also present very good resistance to thermal aging and partial discharges.
In both cases, the cables can include sealing elements on the screen. These prevent longitudinal humidity propagation. In case of perforation of the cover and/or the elements for the longitudinal sealing of the conductor.
Have you done electrical installations in solar farms? Tell us your experience