Photovoltaic cables have a designation according to the standard. This denomination is composed of a set of letters and numbers, each with a meaning.
The designation code that is used in Spain for photovoltaic cables is: (described according to their application in the installation):
1. Panel wiring and panels to the connection box: DC low voltage cable.
Índice de contenidos
- 1 1. Panel wiring and panels to the connection box: DC low voltage cable.
- 2 2. Wiring between the connection box and the inverter: DC low voltage cable.
- 3 3. Wiring between the transformer and the electrical substation: medium voltage cable in alternating current.
TOPSOLAR (PV) ZZ-F (AS) 0.6 / 1 kV (from 2.5 to 35 mm2)
TOPSOLAR type cable (PV); cables for photovoltaic applications.
The letters mean:
Z: Halogen-free cross-linked elastomer insulation
Z: Halogen-free reticulated elastomer cover
-F: Electrolytic copper conductor, tinned, Class 5 according to IEC 60228
(AS): High-Security Cable, not fire propagator.
0.6 / 1 kV: Voltage assigned in kV
(PV): PhotoVoltaic (Photovoltaic)
2. Wiring between the connection box and the inverter: DC low voltage cable.
3. Wiring between the transformer and the electrical substation: medium voltage cable in alternating current.
X-VOLT RHZ1-OL or X-VOLT HEPRZ1 between 6/10 and 18/30 kV
Example: X-VOLT RHZ1-OL (S) 12 / 20kV 1×150 K AL + H16
Cable type X-VOLT; Medium Voltage cables.
The first block (RHZ1 in the example) refers to the coatings of the cable, always from the inside out.
The letters mean:
- RH: XLPE insulation and radial field.
- HEPR: Isolation of HEPR and radial field.
- Z1: Halogen-free polyolefin cover.
The second block (-OL (S) in the example) refers to the additional features:
- (blank): cable without obturation.
- -OL: Obturation length. simple (under cover)
- (S): Security Cable, no flame propagator.
- Uo / U: Rated voltage, in kV.
- nxS: conductors number and section, in mm2.
- K AL: Compact aluminum conductor
- + H16: Wire screen made of copper, 16 mm2