Top Cable wooden drums guarantee that the wood used as raw material comes from forests managed in an environmentally friendly way, thanks to the Sustainable Forest Management Certificate PEFC™,
Sustainable forest management of cable drums
Índice de contenidos
PEFC™ is an independent forest certification that promotes sustainable forest management.
For more than a decade, Top Cable has replaced the supply of its electrical cables in standard wooden drums with certified PEFC™ cable drums.
Differences between PEFC or FSC
The fact that a drum has PEFC -or FSC- certificate guarantees the customer that the raw material from which the drum is manufactured comes from sustainably managed forests.
Both certificate organizations pursue the same goal: PEFC is promoted by the private sector, while FSC is mainly promoted by Greenpeace and the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF). Both entities are fully compatible with other management system standards (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, …) and can be implemented in an integrated manner with them.
At Top Cable we believe in sustainable industrial management, based on the UN’s Global Goals. Our PEFC certified drums guarantee a sustainable forest management of the forests from which they come.
20 years taking care of the forests
According to the PEFC 2019 Report, these are the figures of a company that has been taking care of Spain’s forests for more than 20 years:
- National members represent PEFC in 49 countries.
- 326 million hectares of forests worldwide are certified by the PEFC System.
- 750,000 PEFC forest owners are certified worldwide.
- 15 countries are developing a PEFC system or are preparing to apply for endorsement.
- 11,984 Chain of Custody certificates worldwide.
- 22,817 companies integrated in PEFC Chain of Custody certificates
- 70 countries with companies manufacturing PEFC certified products.
Top cable PEFC certificate
If you wish to obtain a copy of the PEFC certificate for Top Cable’s drums, you can get it from this link.
Top cable sustainable packaging
At top cable we work towards the common goal of reducing, recycling and reusing our packaging. in this video we talk about how we are replacing plastic with recycled cardboard… #thinkcardboard